I’ve been watching lots of cooking shows lately, but this recipe came from watching Sunday football. Who knew. We love casseroles. We love one-pot dinners. So I thought we’d give it a try. Plus, G thought it looked really good.
So, how did it go? G loved it He liked the bacon flavor and the texture. Me? Not so much. Remember, I’m one of the few people on the planet not a bacon fan. I love regular carbonara, but this one actually tasted extra salty. I know! Whatever. Bottom line, it tasted Campbell soupy. Not that that’s a bad thing, but my Pasta Scassi puts this to shame.
I doubt if I’ll make this again even though G thought it was a hit.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Step 1 Cook the bacon and shallot in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the bacon is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2 Stir the soup, broth and cheese in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Stir in the spaghetti. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes or until the spaghetti is tender and the soup mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the peas and sprinkle with the additional cheese just before serving, if desired.
*****From the Recipe Box:
For a flavor twist, substitute 2 cups fresh baby arugula for the peas and diced pancetta for the bacon.
Sometimes easy is the way to go.
and remember: If women took up arms to defend their reproductive rights, the GOP would ban assault rifles yesterday. Big Kiss, Lynn