When G and I lived in Hawaii, this was one of my favorite things to eat. It’s very filling and yet I never feel chuck-a-bluck when I’m done. And of course, I have to have it with sticky rice, my very favorite. Hello Nico Nico.
Asian food is so simple, almost streamlined. What you see is what you’ll get.
for 4 servings
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin strips or peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 4 cups broccoli florets, depending on how you much you like broccoli
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- a knob of ginger sliced
- some salt if you want it
- sesame seeds, if desired
- In an oiled skillet over medium-high heat, sear the steak or shrimp until cooked all the way through. Remove from the pan.
- Add a little more oil, then add the garlic and ginger to the pan. Sauté until soft.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce
- Add the broccoli florets.
- Add the beef or shrimp back into the mixture, and serve over rice with sesame seeds, if desired
*****From the Recipe Box:
I’m not sure which I like better: Asian or Mexican food. Regardless. you’ll love this.
I’m not a big beef eater so having a bag of shrimp in the freezer really simplifies this meal prep.
Could this be any easier?
and remember: Pink is a super hero. If you have time, watch her documentary on Amazon Prime. You will be totally inspired. Big kiss, Lynn
24 ounces of broccoli equals approximately 5 cups