This is the most amazing recipe. I’ve been making it for a few years now. You can only do it in the summer since it calls for fresh basil and tomatoes.
I found it on Lottie and Doof’s blog. I used to find the best ideas on his blog. You’re going to read this one and ” go no way, no how”. I’m not a major pasta person unless it’s light, then I’m your girl.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
*****from the Recipe Box:
I know you’re not going to believe this, but it actually makes a sauce.
No, it does not come out yellow. Sometimes I’m the worst picture taker.
and remember: Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. Big kiss, Lynn