I know it’s July, but I don’t care. G and I wanted to try making spritz cookies. Part of the reason is the number of cookies you get out of a batch. We only get about 16 to 20 from a batch of shortbread. And if you are going to the trouble of making a batch of cookies, let’s get our money’s worth.
I just bought the cookie press. It was incredibly well rated on Amazon, but I found it a little bit tricky to use. Of course, it was about 90 degrees in here, but who’s counting.
I don’t know why I’ve never made spritz. They are very Norwegian all things considered. I also consider them more of a Christmas cookie. My bad.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups flour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a mixer on medium speed, cream butter, powdered sugar, and salt until fluffy. Mix in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add flour a little bit at a time beating after each addition.
- Place dough into a cookie press. Squeeze cookies about 1 ½” apart and add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake 7-9 minutes.
*****From the Recipe Box:
Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
We like them a little crispier.
and remember: What’s wrong with getting ready for Christmas? We usually start buying presents in July. Big Kiss, Lynn