G and I had the grandson up on Thursday for cooking class. We had the best time. The guys invented the Dump Cookie. I don’t really get to do anything but watch. Once their creative juices start flowing, you want to just stay out of the way.
First they had to go to the store and buy dibs and dabs of everything. I tried to get a major close-up of the cookie so you could see there are cashews, cut-up Rolos, M & M’s, peanuts, chocolate chips. They went crazy.
First they make the dough:
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and set rack in middle of oven.
- Cream butter. Add the sugars and beat with the butter until smooth on medium speed. We totally beat it until it is incredibly creamy
- Add the eggs and beat on medium just until incorporated with butter and sugars, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer off. Add the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients on low until the wet and dry ingredients are mixed together.
- Hand mix the nuts, chips and craisins.
- Place large tablespoons on parchment on cookie sheets.
- Bake approximately 13 to 15 minutes.
- The cookies are done when the top is a bit golden and the bottom is also golden
*****from the Recipe Box:
We put anything we want in the dough; don’t let something as mundane as a recipe stop you.
This is your basic Tollhouse dough.
and remember what Dr. Seuss said: You have to be odd to be number one. Big Kiss, Lynn