G went to Costco alone the other day. This is always a mistake. He finds treasures that I would never look at. This time it was short ribs.
I’ve never cooked short ribs before, so first I had to find a recipe. Thank you Al Gore for inventing the Internet. What would I do without you?
- cooking spray
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef consomme (such as Campbell’s ®)
- ½ (10.5 ounce) can water
- Step 1 Prepare a slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Spread celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in the bottom of the crock. Season short ribs with salt and pepper; place atop the vegetables. Pour beef consommé and water into the crock.
- Step 3 on High until the ribs are fork-tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Step 4 Remove the ribs from the slow cooker to a platter. Strain the broth and discard the vegetables.
- Step 5 Strip meat from the bones of the ribs. Discard bones and transfer meat to a bowl. Shred meat with 2 forks and serve with strained broth.
*****From the Recipe Box::
I made short rib sandwiches with the meat. I don’t like my meat too fatty, so this was hard for me. I did a lot of separating.
I didn’t have any beef broth so I just used chicken broth.
I don’t think I’m a fan. G wouldn’t commit to them either. I think it will be awhile before we do them again. If I do it again, I will use Asian spices.
and remember what Albert Einstein said: Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Hope for tomorrow. and the most important thing: never stop questioning. Big kiss, Lynn