This turned out to be a special treat. We didn’t realize it was a pork roast until the meat was almost thawed. But, what the heck. Time waits for no woman.
I do like it browned on all sides, but not too much. Next time I may throw in a whole onion or 2. This has been a great recipe to add to my recipe box. Give it a try people.
This is basically the Mississippi Roast.
- 1 (3-5 pounds) chuck roast (1.4-2.3kg)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix or dry onion soup mix
- 1 stick butter (4oz, 113g)
- 8 pepperoncini peppers
- Heat a large skillet on high heat until very hot. If the pan isn’t hot enough the roast will stew instead of brown.
- Dry roast with paper towels and sprinkle with pepper.
- Add oil to hot skillet.
- Add roast to skillet and allow to brown without flipping, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip to other side and brown for another 2-3 minutes. If your roast is taller instead of flatter, brown on all sides.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle packets of dry ranch dressing and au jus or onion soup mixes over pot roast.
- Top with a stick of butter then place peppers on and around roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and serve
****From the Recipe Box
It made great pulled pork sandwiches,
It’s much tangier when made with the combination of Au jus and onion soup mix. I like it better this way.
and remember: If you don’t want a sarcastic answer, don’t ask a stupid question. Big kiss, Lynn