G loves these cookies. We’ve been making them for years. You probably think you’ve seen making them as well, but you would probably be wrong. G wants everything but the kitchen sink in these cookies. They are not chocolate chips , they are much better than that.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and set rack in middle of oven.
- Cream butter. Add the sugars and beat with the butter until smooth on medium speed. We totally beat it until it is incredibly creamy
- Add the eggs and beat on medium just until incorporated with butter and sugars, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer off. Add the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients on low until the wet and dry ingredients are mixed together.
- Hand mix the nuts, chips and craisins.
- Place large tablespoons on parchment on cookie sheets.
- Bake approximately 13 to 15 minutes.
- The cookies are done when the top is a bit golden and the bottom is also golden.
- Do not over bake. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. End of joke, laugh here!
* From the Recipe Box:
Give this a try; it’s totally different and totally worth the time.
Next time we’re adding oatmeal and maybe butterscotch chips.
They do need to stay on the tray for a few minutes to let them firm up.
and remember what Nelson Mandela said: I never lose. I either win or learn. Big kiss, Lynn