I need a sweet treat to start the new year. These little one bite nibbles are just the thing. Those TV commercials where they take a wee bite of a piece of candy make me gag. I can put 2 or 3 in my mouth at once.
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄ 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening (NOT butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- Place both chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Drop by teaspoons into 1-inch diameter candy or petit four papers. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
*From the Recipes Box
Feel free to replace the peanuts with malt balls or anything else. We put in some craisins as well.
and remember: Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.