I love vanilla fudge with or without pecans. I will actually stop at a candy shop at the coast to buy some. I don’t want chocolate, I don’t want cookies and cream, I don’t want butterscotch, I only want vanilla.
When I was young, my bro and I would be sent to bed and I would hear kitchen activity. I figured out mom was making fudge for she and dad. They did not want to share since it was their favorite as well. That’s not quite true; it was just a special tradition for the 2 of them.
18 ounces vanilla or white chocolate discs
14 can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, combine vanilla chips with sweetened condensed milk and melt in the microwave in 15-second increments.
- Once vanilla is fully melted add in chopped pecans and stir until combined.
- Pour vanilla mixture into a parchment paper-lined 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking tin.
- Chill for 2 hours or until the fudge is firm.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces
This is a very firm fudge, just the way I like it.
- From the Recipe Box…..
I buy my discs on Amazon. They are super easy to work with and melt extra creamy in the microwave.
and remember: If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission. Big kiss, Lynn