Time for something fun. These are named after the Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream flavor from a few years ago. I found the recipe on line. I like having a few things the little ones can help with and potentially make a huge mess. I love adding sprinkles whenever I can. The small baking M&M’s are another great addition to anything you want kids to help you with. They will need to help. The chips made a fairly stiff dough.
I don’t care about the mess. In the future, I want the kids to remember the fun times. There are going to be no statues in my honor. All I want is someone turning to a cousin or sibling and saying, “remember the time?” That’s better than any monument.
Wait until you see the other ones we made. Total cuteness!
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup butter (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups pretzel sticks (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, mix together chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butter, and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth (if it isn’t completely melted, return to the microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring after each time).
- Add pretzels and peanuts to the melted chocolate mixture and stir until they are completely coated in chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Optional: drizzle with melted peanut butter.
- If you don’t eat them all in one sitting, store leftovers in an airtight container.
* From the Recipe Box:
While these weren’t going to win the cookie of the year, they were great fun to make with kids. There will be sprinkles everywhere due to the enthusiasm of your helpers.
I didn’t have pretzel sticks, I had knots. That didn’t stop the sous chef from breaking them up into the right sized pieces.
I also didn’t have peanut butter chips so we used butterscotch chips. Who knew.
and remember: Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked in to your life, said ‘I’m here for you’ and PROVED it. Big kiss, Lynn