- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 12 oz of strawberries
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat your oven to 350 F
- Beat the eggs and sugar in bowl until they turn a pale color.
- Add the sour cream and oil and beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix over low speed until a smooth batter forms.
- Grease and line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Pour half the batter in and top with diced strawberries.
- Add the remaining half of the batter and cover with the remaining diced strawberries.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.
* From the Recipe Box:
It’s hard to tell when this cake is done. It’s a nice light color and it springs back even when still very raw in the center.
I’d frozen my berries. I wouldn’t do it again if fresh was an option. I didn’t like the way they bled on top of the cake. I always want perfect.
and remember: Charles Bukowski said it best: The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence. Big kiss, Lynn