I read about 20 Instagrams a week and about half a dozen blogs. However, I only follow 1. I’m making the distinction because they do. You literally have to sign up and give information about your blood type, your favorite color and things like that. Yes, of course I’m exaggerating. I’m really not good sharing my private info. I’ve talked about Rumbly in my Tumbly before. She lives here in western Washington fairly close to me. Her pies are to die for. I’m not a Keto person like she is, but I still find much to give me inspiration.
Now I personally don’t eat energy-type bars, but G does. He especially likes a wee nibble after one of his gym runs or marathon walks. I’ve heard of Lara bars, but I’d never purchased any. Shannon of Rumbly made these sound so easy and good for you, we decided to give them a try. These are the exact recipes from Shannon’s blog.
Apple Pie Bar
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup unsweetened dried apples
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup golden raisins (unsweetened)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add the dates to a food processor or high-powered blender like a Vitamix and blend. Add the dried apples, raisins, almonds, walnuts, and cinnamon and pulse until combined – there should be small bits of nuts and raisins remaining, but not too big.
- Press the dough into a small pan (I used an 8×8) lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight) and then cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month in the fridge. These also freeze well. Enjoy!